Introduction

Home Forums Speakout Forum Introduction

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Greetings,
      I’m new to the sidearc community, so I just wanted to drop in a say hello.
      I don’t remember who pointed me in your direction, but I’ve been involved with the
      kotaku community on and off since 2010.

Why am I here? Well, I want to talk about video games. After checking out sidearc and reading the google doc, I’m confident that I can have some decent conversations here with the drama that was prevalent over at kotaku and TAY.

Anyway, thanks for having me.
      -OF

Leon Evelake

https://49.media.tumblr.com/c4ccb0fa5424f195f83e91dc6784a39a/tumblr_ne50o29Ift1shcw33o4_500.gif
      Yo nice to meet ya.
      Most of us came from kotaku as well after tiring of it
      If you haven tried yet check out speak out its where most people post and chat about anything

SpeakOut

most still miss the forums

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

dracosummoner
      Keymaster

Welcome! =)

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks!
        Actually, I think I saw you post something about sidearc somewhere in TAY comments, which is how I ended up here.

PanamaPunk

Hi there, feel free to drop by Speakout if you want to join any active discussions. We really should use these forums more often though.
      Hope you enjoy your time here
      https://imageshack.com/a/img910/4585/Vqbcqg.png

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks, I’m sure it will be cool. I’ll make sure to drop in!

Isiac DaGraca
      Keymaster

@oswinfaulhaber Hey there! and welcome :D

I’m not sure if it’s clear but no only are we a community but we also run the site aswell. You have the ability to submit articles for approval if you like. Once you get the hang of things you can post freely.

If you have any questions, issues, or requests for the site let me know!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Cool, thanks!
        The main reason I was interested in this site was because it’s reader run.
        I’ll let you know, thanks for warm welcome!

Isiac DaGraca
          Keymaster

@oswinfaulhaber ah, excelent then :D

You can visit the FAQ page for some tips to start you out.

Isiac DaGraca
        Keymaster

@oswinfaulhaber FYI i’m “basedwolf” on speakout, sorry there’s two systems you have to log into but thats just the way things are for now.

Anonymous
          Inactive

It’s alright, I don’t mind. Thanks for the info!

TimesTicking

Welcome to SideArc :D
      What is your favorite video game?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks!
        I always have a hard time with that question. I would have to say Final Fantasy 9.
        I think it is the most polished of the PS1 FF games and has the best music of the series.
        It’s usually between FF9 and Dragon Quest 8 though. I might do a top five post somewhere on this site at some point.

What’s your favorite?

Isiac DaGraca
          Keymaster

FYI using @ replies notifies them of your reply on these forums. it won’t do it automatically but it does autocomplete :D.

@timesticking
          @oswinfaulhaber

TimesTicking

@oswinfaulhaber FF9 was definitely great, the only gripe I had about the game was the Trance mode. Everything else was great, especially the ending.

My favorite game would probably have to be the Persona series (Mainly the 3rd and 4th). Played Persona 3 on the PS3 (PS2 Classic) and got a PS Vita just to play Persona 4 Golden and it was worth it XD

Anonymous
      Inactive

@iadagraca OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Thanks haha.

Isiac DaGraca
        Keymaster

@oswinfaulhaber np, it works retroactively too :D

Anonymous
      Inactive

@timesticking Yeah, didn’t really like trance mode either. I haven’t played any of the Persona games. Persona 5 looks pretty cool. I watched the trailer and now I’m interested in the series. Oddly, it was the menu design shown in the trailer that got me interested the most. Most people I talk to say to start with 3, so I’ll get on it!

TimesTicking

Yeah, 3 isn’t a bad place to start. Mainly because the gameplay completely changes after 2. If you’re a fan of dungeon crawler games, then Persona 1 and 2 would be perfect since that’s how the series started but didn’t gain a lot of the popularity until Persona 3 came out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@timesticking I do like dungeon crawlers. I have Persona 1 on my raspberry pi, I just haven’t had the chance to check it out yet.

Jacob Kellogg
      Keymaster

Hey there man! Glad to have you here. If you got any questions just ask, I tend to be in speakout, I’ll try to use the forum more though.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@jacob-kellogg Thanks! Will do.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.